So great has been the endurance, so incredible the achievement, that, as long as the sun keeps a set course in heaven, it would be foolish to despair of the human race.
Ernest L. Woodward
Friday, September 3, 2010
I know you've heard it all before, but a book is coming out on the "sex, drugs and rock n roll" life of French first lady Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.
The suspense...I hope it lasts!
I have been an animal encyclopedia most of my life. Ever since Marlin Perkins used to send Jim in to wrestle aligators, I have had an interest in all of God's different creations. Although, I don't ever remember seeing one of these damn things!!!
About the time my meds are tweaked just right, some damn doctor writes a piece on how "...the brain's ability to obsess can also amount to a real treasure." Yea, right... my OCD is a gift...
I've seen a lot of animal tricks in my day, but up until now, I never saw a dog that was a better dancer than I am...
Talk about a damned if you do scenerio... BP has warned Congress that if they ban drilling permits in the Gulf, they won't be able to pay damages from their oil spill. How much clout will $500 million have on the outcome of this decision in Washington?
Contrary to popular belief, Tiger Woods is not the highest paid athlete of all time.
Are you one of those people who thought $1 million was enough to retire on and be well off? Not according to this...
Thursday, September 2, 2010
1. The act of denying your actual age in order to give others the impression that you are younger.
2. A medical procedure intended to provide persons of advanced years the appearance of being younger.
For the last twenty years, Jack claimed to others that he's only 39 years of age, and for the last five, he's even used hair coloring. He acts as if he's had a geriatric bypass.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
I'm picking the corn out your shit
1) Understanding what another person is saying,
2) Hearing the main points of a conversation, lecture or instructions and filtering out the rest
Many uses for this phrase:
1. "Get to the point man, I'm having to pick the corn out your shit here"
2. "I'm picking the corn out your shit, I smell what your steppin' in, I'm picking up what you're putting down, I've been there before, it'll be alright"
Sunday, August 29, 2010
"They are miners, so they understand the situation they are living. They understand that we have to go through 700 meters of solid rock to rescue them."
Laurence Goldbore, mining minister of Chile, on estimates that the rescue of 33 trapped miners may take more than three months.
If you have an extra few seconds, you might say a prayer for these guys. Lord knows they need all the help they can get...